Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hikaruhime & athenastarr's How to Make Wings Tutorial

Hikaruhime & athenastarr's How to Make Wings Tutorial Tube. Duration : 4.37 Mins.


So, I'm an Education major, and I had an assignment to use pictures to make a video designed for some class lesson. athenastarr's wings still needed to be made for Izumicon (she's the one modeling the wings throughout the video), and I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. So, I chose high school Art in order to incorporate making wings for a classroom, rofl. XD I edited the video a bit (beginning and ending credits, etc.) to be able to upload it here. Hopefully, someone will find it useful! The video assignment couldn't go over a certain length, and that's why it goes so fast. Just use the pause button. A lot. Additional tutorial notes: This tutorial follows the making of our third pair of wings. The first pair I made using this tutorial: www.paper-wings.org However, there were some things that just didn't work out for me, so this video reflects the way I like to do it. Nevertheless, I'd recommend checking out that link because it might be something you'd prefer! About feathers: The links provided at the end of the tutorial are what we used for *this* pair of wings. Your wings may require a different amount, style, or color. FeatherPlace.com has dozens of colors, and many kinds of feathers. We recommend turkey feathers for large wings, and goose feathers for small wings. The picture of my niece at the beginning of the tutorial obviously reflects small wings made with goose feathers. These feathers actually came from my parents' geese (I collected them as they molted ...

No comments:

Post a Comment